ALABAMA SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY ATTORNEYS
DISABLED & UNABLE TO WORK? OUR BENEFITS LAWYERS CAN HELP!
Questions about Applying? We Help in Every Step of the Process. CALL NOW!
For those who are out of work or struggling to continue working due to serious health problems, Social Security Disability benefits can provide a huge lifeline, offering income and health insurance for those who qualify. It’s no secret that the process for getting these benefits is long and complicated. Our office gets calls every day, both from existing and potential clients, who have questions about various steps in the process. The intent of this blog is to answer some of those questions as well as explain some of the technical lingo/abbreviations and rules that Social Security uses so that you can have a great overview of every single step of the process. And there are a LOT of steps. Chapter One focuses on a few factors you should keep in mind if you are even considering applying for benefits. And away we go….
Social Security Disability Benefits Overview
- Are SSDI Benefits the Right Call?
- Getting Ready to Apply
- Getting Your Claim Processed
- Forms, Reports & Paperwork
- The Consultative Evaluation
- Approval on Initial Application
- SSDI - Not a Handout
- Do I Need an SSDI Lawyer?
WE WILL HELP GET YOU THE SSDI BENEFITS YOU DESERVE.
Are you considering applying for Social Security benefits or have you already applied and been denied? While we are happy to discuss any case with any person at any time, here are the general requirements our office looks for when considering whether to take on a new disability case:
- You must have stopped working, or at least cut back to part-time work grossing less than $1000 per month;
- You must have worked and paid in taxes long enough to be eligible for SSDI benefits, or meet the household income requirements for SSI benefits;
- You must have at least one severe medical impairment, diagnosed by a doctor, that limits your ability to perform your duties at work;
- You must be seeing a doctor regularly;
- Stronger cases usually involve people who are 50 or older (the guidelines for eligibility relax the closer you get to retirement age) who have had a lot of medical treatment.
This list is not exhaustive and every case is different. Please call us if you think you might qualify or if you just want to learn more. We will shoot you straight. If there is no way you will qualify for benefits, we will tell you upfront so you don’t waste your time.
SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY – EXPERIENCE ON YOUR SIDE.
Our firm has extensive experience handling Social Security Disability cases, along with having the appropriate resources and in-depth knowledge of how the government views and deals with Social Security Disability benefit matters. We aim to understand your unique situation and ensure that you receive the level of consideration and the benefits that you deserve.
Call us today and let us see what we can do to help. We are always happy to speak with potential clients about their issues with Social Security Disability and never charge a fee unless we are successful in getting benefits.